Saturday, October 8, 2011

Love Your Body 10K

Last Saturday I ran my first 10K and was so proud of myself. I had two goals - finish without walking and don't pass out. Happy to say I accomplished both. It was spectacular. I have always told myself that I'm not a runner, can't do it, body wasn't made for it, etc. Recently I read Born to Run, which talks about how we are made to run and that everyone can run. It was really inspiring. Because I've always had a hankering to be a runner, the running began. Love it!

My biggest cheerleaders, all bundled up - it was super cold! Nice for running though.


After the run and I'm still alive! One of my 50 life goals is to run a half-marathon. This was a step in the right direction:) Here I am with my cheerleaders and my running coach. Rob ran cross country in high school and looooves it. He has given me lots of great pointers.

4 comments:

  1. Of course you were born to be a runner. Look at that fit physique! You can totally run a half marathon (or more) if you stick with it. I'd like to suggest that if you're willing to consider a training program that incorporates walking breaks, you could honestly be running your half marathon before you know it. Walking breaks taken very early on and at regular intervals can actually improve your time and help you recover better. So you run, say, five minutes and walk one min all the way through--or whatever interval feels comfortable. I'm sorry to get all long winded on you. It's just that, when I started to run long distances, I read a training book that advocated this method, and it was a real breakthrough for me. This is how I trained my husband to run his first half marathon and first full marathon last spring. I'm so proud of you Jami. What a champ! You're looking terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Way to go. You look beautiful btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Jami!! Great accomplishment. My Dad runs the same way as Melissa's comment above run 5min walk 1min. He told me he timed himself and he ran faster. Love your fans!!! We should have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie Jamie Jamie!!!! YOU GO GIRL! A 10K? YEA!!! Maybe someday I can do that. Wow, so excited for you. And you did it without stopping.....very nice!

    ReplyDelete