Thursday, January 12, 2012

Potty Training!

So...potty training. I read and heard from several sources, 3 is the magic age! I couldn't wait that long and felt Liv is ready (okay she'll be 3 in February so it's not that big a jump). She was so excited about her underwear - she picked them out herself, Dora of course. Brooky got pretty excited too:) It's so fun to see her so excited to go potty like a big girl. The first day, she would say, "Mommy I need to go potty!" And she would run to her potty and just sit there. 4 minutes later, "I don't need to go potty," all day long. She did actually go, as you can see in pic #2. She also has had some accidents and has discovered that underwear just doesn't hold it in like a diaper does. So, often throughout the day she'll say, "I'm not pooping," or "I'm not peeing!" It's pretty funny.
If you have any advice, especially about what you do for naps and nighttime sleep, let me know! We still put a diaper on whenever she sleeps and I'm wondering when to do away with that too.


3 comments:

  1. Ah hahahaha. This is adorable. Sounds like she's doing pretty well. I have absolutely no advice, but I'm taking good notes so I can duplicate your success in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of potty training! We potty trained Elly right after she turned 3. The night time and sleep time thing was definitely tricky. We bought these plastic underwear from Target that holds the pee in it. Elly was really uncomfortable when she would go at night and finally got the hang of it waking up and going in the toilet. Good luck and I hope that it goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potty training is definitely an adventure. Every kid will be different too. Ash was super easy. I just put a diaper on her for nap time and bed time. She told me one day that she didn't want to wear a diaper to sleep and that was the end. She just made up her mind ! :) As for Kaysen he still has problems at night. I know girls have a lot easier time. So you are lucky you have two!! I always set my timer in the day so I could remember to take them every 20min or what ever time works. I really don't think there is one right way to potty train. So just take advice and choose what works best for you and Olivia!! GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete