Saturday, July 21, 2012

Be of Good Cheer

My heart is heavy as I think about the victims and their families of the recent Colorado shooting. After reading about it I felt fearful and just so sad. I loved what Marie, a devout Christian and survivor of the horrible scene, said in her blog. "God is always good, man is not. Don't get the two confused." There are so many wonderful things in the world - I need to focus on that. I remembered a very hopeful and inspiring talk by Elder Holland that he gave in conference in 1999. I hope it's as helpful to you as it was to me.

3 comments:

  1. I like how she put it..."God is always good, man is not. don't get the two confused."
    Think I'll use that in my lesson tomorrow.

    what is her blog site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blog site is http://aminiatureclaypot.wordpress.com/ I hope your lesson went well.

      Delete
  2. i think that's my favorite talk of all time. thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete